User Authentication & Authorization in Express
In this course, you’ll learn how to implement User Authentication and Authorization in an Express web application.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary5 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with User Authentication & Authorization in Express:
- Learn Express
- Learn Node.js
About this course
Having secure authentication and authorization practices is one of the most important things you can do to secure your web applications. As a developer, you need control over how users interact with your application, your data, and other users. In fact, Broken Authentication and Broken Access Control make up two of the OWASP Top 10’s most critical security risks to web applications.
Syllabus6 lessons • 1 projects • 4 quizzes
User Authentication & Authorization in Express course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start User Authentication & Authorization in Express today!
Looking for something else?
Authentication vs Authorization vs EncryptionIn this article, you’ll get an overview of three key concepts in web security: Authentication, Authorization, & Encryption.
Authentication and OAuthLearn about app authentication and the basics of OAuth.
Hashing vs. Encryption vs. Encoding vs. ObfuscationIn this article, you'll learn the difference between Hashing, Encryption, Encoding, and Obfuscation.
Related courses and paths
Learn Authentication with Ruby on RailsLearn how to add user sign up, login & logout functionality to your Rails applications.With Certificate3 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: Accounts and AuthenticationAdd personalization and security to Flask apps with accounts and authentication.2 hours
Learn ExpressLearn how to make back-end apps and APIs using the popular Express.js frameworkWith Certificate5 hours
Browse more topics
- Cybersecurity159,467 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.