Welcome to Codecademy! We’re glad you’re here. Whether you’re thinking of signing up for Codecademy Pro, recently started a trial, or have been a Pro member for awhile, we want to make sure you’re aware of everything Pro has to offer.
In this article, we’ll tell you about our most popular Pro features. Plus, we’ll share some resources to help you stay motivated as you embark on your learning journey.
Codecademy Pro membership features
How is Codecademy Pro different from our free membership? When you subscribe to Pro, you unlock exclusive features designed to help you take your learning to the next level. You’ll enjoy access to exclusive courses, interactive practice and review, Career Paths, interview prep, and portfolio projects designed to help you land the job of your dreams, and more.
Learn more about the features and resources available to you as a Codecademy Pro member below.
Career paths and skill paths
Career paths and skill paths are designed to take you through everything you need to know to learn a specific skill or get started in a specific career. Our Curriculum Developers have organized career path and skill path content into roadmaps that make it easy to know what to learn and in what order.
If you’re interested in a career in data science or web development, Career paths can help you get there, even if you have no previous experience with coding. We recently introduced a new and improved Data Scientist career path, plus three new web development Paths — Front-End Engineer, Back-End Engineer, and Full-Stack Engineer. You can read more about the new paths here.
Not sure which path to take or what to learn first? We’ve got a quiz that can help you decide.
Certificates of completion
When you complete a Pro course, you’ll earn a certificate. You can share it on your resume or your LinkedIn profile to showcase your skills or prepare for your job search.
All of our career paths include assessments that test your skills with coding concepts and functions, and after passing all of the assessments within a path, you’ll earn a Professional Certification from Codecademy that you can use to show recruiters you’ve got the skills needed to to do the job.
Projects, Challenge Projects, and Portfolio Projects
As you learn, you’ll work on guided projects to put the things you’re learning to use. When you’re done, you can take your skills to the next level with Challenge Projects. Challenge Projects offer less instruction and more opportunity to figure things out for yourself. You can find recommended Challenge Projects on your dashboard as you learn.
If you take one of the career paths, you’ll build your own Portfolio Projects as well. Portfolio Projects set you up to work outside of Codecademy and build your own projects that are completely unique to you. You can use these projects when you begin your job search.
If you’re taking one of our Web Development career paths, you’ll find interview prep built in. Learn interview techniques to prepare for technical interviews, including algorithm and data structure practice.
There are also our Code Challenges, which are real assessments from leading tech companies. Code Challenges help you prepare with real materials, and they’ll also help you identify areas you should brush up on when you need a reminder.
Test yourself as you make your way through a Path or course. Quizzes help you retain all the things you’re learning — plus, they’ll help you feel confident that you’re mastering the material.
With your Pro membership, you’ll also find a variety of practice exercises on your dashboard as you make your way through the material. These will help you practice and review concepts you’ve learned. Practice exercises include things like additional quizzes, fill-in-the-code exercises, and more.
While Cheatsheets aren’t a Pro-exclusive feature, we wanted to make sure they were on your radar! Coding is less about memorization and more about understanding principles. Cheatsheets help you focus on the principles and less on remembering syntax and commands. You can find a full list of all of our cheatsheets here.
Tons of our learners have gone on to launch successful careers in tech, and we’re always looking for new ways to help you break into the field. That’s why we’re partnering with exclusive job boards, and soon, you’ll be able to find career opportunities right here on Codecademy. Check out our Career Services page to learn more.
Resources for staying motivated and accountable
Learning to code can be challenging at times, but we’re here to help you along the way. So while we have your attention, we thought we’d share some tips and resources to help you stay motivated and accountable to your learning goals. Click through the links below to learn more.
- Codecademy Forums: The Codecademy community is here for you. Head over to the Forums to get to know other learners, ask for feedback, share projects, read inspiring success stories, and more.
- Codecademy Chapters: Chapters are community-led groups all over the world. You can join a group in your local area (or start your own) to connect with learners near you, in-person or virtually. You can find out more about Chapters here.
- Tips for staying motivated while learning to code: We’ve compiled a list of tips from learners in our community. Find out what other people who are learning to code are doing to stay motivated!
- Bite-sized goals for learning to code: A giant goal like changing careers can feel overwhelming. That’s why we recommend starting with bite-sized goals that’ll make it easy to get started and build good learning habits. We’ve compiled a list of 29 bite-sized learning goals for inspiration.
- Weekly targets: In your Codecademy account when you click on “My Home” you’ll find the option to set weekly targets. Decide how many days you want to learn every week and track your progress.
- 30-Day Challenge: If you’re up for a challenge, try coding a little bit every day for 30 days with our 30-Day Challenge! We’ll send you email reminders to keep you motivated and we’ll keep track of your progress.
Whether you’re looking to transition to the career of your dreams, learn new skills to help you at work, or learning just for fun, we’re happy you’re decided to learn with us. Here’s to reaching your coding goals!