Good news! We’re making several changes to the Data Science Path.
Everything can always improve! We took a hard look at our Data Science Career Path and identified ways to make the content teach better, dive deeper, and set our learners up for greater success!
We’re adding several lessons, projects, articles and quizzes to introduce and scaffold important concepts in data science. We also know how important practice is in cementing learning, so we’ve added several new in-depth projects to the path. You’ll learn how to analyze real-world data across a variety of industries and tie together everything you’ve learned.
How does this impact you?
If you’ve already started or completed the Data Science Path, you will see some new content added to the Path.
You won’t lose progress on the coursework that you’ve already completed; however, you may notice that your overall progress percentage has decreased, as there is a greater amount of content included in the Path.
The lessons will be updated beginning at 10:00 AM EDT on Friday, August 8th, 2019. We expect the updates to be finalized by 7:00 PM EDT the same day.
Take a look below to get an overview of the updates.
Changes to The Data Science Path
New content covering:
- List Comprehensions
- Lambda Functions
- Sample Size Determination for Hypothesis Tests
- How to Select the Right Data Visualization
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Regular Expressions
- Data Cleaning with Pandas
- Web Scraping with BeautifulSoup
- K Nearest Neighbor Regression
- Evaluating Classification Models with Accuracy, Recall, and Precision
- Support Vector Machines
- K-Means++ Clustering
- Perceptrons and Neural Nets
- Natural Language Processing
Plus a TON of exciting projects using data from a variety of industries:
- Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Usage Funnels with Warby Parker
- Calculating Churn Rates
- Attribution Queries
- A/B Testing at Nosh Mish Mosh
- Analyze FarmBurg’s A/B Test
- Netflix Stock Prices
- Life Expectancy and Gross Domestic Product
- Central Tendency for Housing Data
- Variance in Weather
- Healthcare in Different States
- Cleaning US Census Data
- Biodiversity in National Parks
- MuscleHub A/B Test
- Chocolate Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Sports Vector Machine
- Twitter Classification
- Masculinity Survey
- Perceptron Logic Gates
- Discover Insights into Classic Texts
- Bag of Words: Mystery Friend
We’re updating our Data Science Path so that it’s an even better learning experience. It now covers additional important topics and makes sure to reinforce all of that learning with engaging cumulative projects. Dive into the data now!