Good news! We're updating our three Web Development Career Paths with new content.
The curriculum team at Codecademy has heard your feedback and has developed new content to supplement the existing Web Development Career Paths. In some cases, we will replace existing content; in others, we will be adding new items.
How does this impact you?
If you've already completed a Path, you will maintain that completion and certificate.
If you're currently in-progress with one of the updated sections, you may see a change in progress. We suggest that you take the now-incomplete content–even if you have learned the concepts before, revisiting them will solidify them in memory.
The Paths will be updated on Friday, March 12, 2021.
Updates in the Career Paths
In each of the following lists, use this key to find which updates apply to your Career Path:
- FS: Full-Stack
- FE: Front-End
- BE: Back-End
The following section will be completely replaced with in-house content:
- [FS, FE] Redux
The following section will be added in front of the existing interview sections:
- [FS, FE, BE] What to Expect in a Technical Interview
The following sections will receive new content:
- [FS, FE, BE] Command Line, Git, GitHub: New article on markdown
- [FS] Full-Stack Portfolio Project: New articles on Heroku
- [FS, FE] React, Part II: New articles on Netlify
- [FS, FE] Web Development Fundamentals: New article on MDN
- [FS, FE]: Web Development Fundamentals: New module on HTML Tables
- [BE] Build a Back-End with Node/Express.js: New articles on Heroku
- [BE] Git and Github, Part I: New article on Markdown
- [FS, FE] Pushing the Fotomatic Sheet project back so that it does not appear before learners are fully prepared
We're updating the Full-Stack Engineer, Front-End Engineer, and Back-End Engineer Career Paths. The updates include some external content being replaced with in-house content, some new content, and a slight re-ordering.
As usual, we'll be keeping track of the changes on our Web Development Change Log.