Learn something new for free
Why was CoffeeScript created?
What was CoffeeScript used for?
The development team of the Atom text editor, a tool many developers use to write code, also adopted CoffeeScript, making it the official language of their codebase.
Is CoffeeScript dead?
Even Dropbox, one of the biggest proponents of CoffeeScript, saw the advantages of TypeScript. By the end of 2015, TypeScript started getting more attention than CoffeeScript.
- True classes instead of unconventional prototype objects.
- Arrow functions which made functions less verbose.
letto define variables.
- Class inheritance.
- Declaring arrays over multiple lines.
- String interpolation.
When he developed CoffeeScript, Jeremy Ashkenas drew inspiration from Python, Ruby, and Haskell. The following are some of the current differences:
- You can name a variable with only the equals sign and don’t have to use
- You don’t use semi-colons to end a line.
- You don’t use curly braces to define code blocks. Instead, you use whitespace (tabs or spaces) like in Python.
- You can use words instead of symbols for comparison:
What to learn instead of CoffeeScript