filter property applies graphical effects like blur to an element. It is commonly used to adjust the rendering of images, backgrounds, and sometimes even borders.
- Defines the blur radius of an element.
- Defines the brightness or darkness of an element.
- Defines the contrast on an element.
- Creates a drop shadow effect on an element.
- Converts an element to grayscale.
- Accepts an angle value and rotates the hue of an element.
- Inverts the colors of an element.
- Controls how much of the background is visible through the element it is applied to.
- Increase or decrease the intensity of the color of the element it is applied to.
- Changes the color of an element to sepia.
Interested in helping build Docs? Read the Contribution Guide or share your thoughts in this feedback form.
- Anonymous contributors
Learn CSS on Codecademy
- Anonymous contributorsAnonymous contributors