Regex, short for regular expressions, is a powerful system for searching text. Regular expressions are implemented in a variety of languages including Java and Python.
Regular expressions are accessed by importing the
import re regex = r"this is a regex pattern"
For the most part, regex patterns are expressed with raw string notation (hence, the preceding
The following entries explore some terms and operations related to Python regular expressions:
- Matches or qualifies regular character patterns or other expressions.
- Returns a list of every pattern match that occurs in a given string.
- Returns a matching character pattern at the beginning of a given string.
- Returns the first match of a character pattern anywhere in a given string.
- Divides a string into substrings at each occurrence of the specified character(s).
- Replace matching substrings with a new string for all occurrences, or a specified number.
- BrandonDusch580 total contributions
- StevenSwiniarski466 total contributions
- christian.dinh2481 total contributions
- Anonymous contributorAnonymous contributor3077 total contributions