- A type checker program that reads in TypeScript syntax, understands the types of values every entity is meant to be and notices any “type errors” (mismatches)
- A language server that editors such as VS Code can run to provide build-time hints and refactoring tools
TypeScript was released in October 2012 by Microsoft after two years of development. Anders Hejlsberg, the original designer of C#, was the lead designer for the language.
To download the latest stable build via npm, use the following command:
npm install -g typescript
To check the installed version, use the following command:
TypeScript was developed by Microsoft and is available in VSCode by default.
There’s an interactive playground provided by the TypeScript team at https://www.typescriptlang.org/play.
- Anonymous contributorAnonymous contributor3071 total contributions
- BrandonDusch580 total contributions
- christian.dinh2476 total contributions