What are HTTP requests?23,822 ViewsOct 07, 2021
What is HTTP? In short, HTTP stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol — and it's used to structure requests and responses over the internet. Whenever you access a site and load and interact with its content, you’re using HTTP.
In this video, we break down HTTP and the different processes that take place to make actions on the internet work smoothly. We also take a look at different types of HTTP requests.
Want to learn more? Check out some of our courses below.
- Create Rest APIs with Spring and Java: https://j.mp/3FlkPyV
- Learn Node.js: https://j.mp/3uOHONX
- Learn Express: https://j.mp/3BpScxW
- 0:00 - 0:18 Introduction
- 0:19 - 1:23 #HTTP and #TCP
- 1:24 - 1:47 Types of Requests
- 1:48 - 3:51 How a GET Request works
- 3:52 - 4:12 HTTPS
- 4:13 - 4:55 Recap
Join the millions learning to code with Codecademy.
Learn to code: https://j.mp/3Ftw9sT
Check out our full course catalog: https://j.mp/3Fnep2l