Setting up React Developer Tools on your computer28,619 ViewsOct 08, 2021
Codecademy team member Ben walks us through how to set up the React Developer Tools Chrome extension so you can get started with debugging your #React applications.
With React Developer Tools, you can modify rendered React components — allowing you to experiment with changing component values, calling methods, testing interactions between components, and so much more.
The simple breakdown:
- - Open Chrome and install the extension
- - Generate React app using create-react-app
- - Open React Developer Tools and code
In this video, we’ll be using the command line to work with NPM and the Create React node module. Familiarity with these tools is recommended.
Ready to learn more? Check out some of our courses below:
- Learn React: https://j.mp/305Ofkq
- Create a Front-End app with React: https://j.mp/3oHXaTq
- Create an Advanced Web App with React and Redux: https://j.mp/3DqQU6J